Here’s a riddle for you:
What is your constant companion, your greatest helper or your heaviest burden? What will push your onward or drag you down? What creates all success and all failures? What will place the world at your feet or destroy you?
- I am your constant companion.
- I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden.
- I will push you onward or drag you down to the bottom.
- I am completely at your command.
- Half of the things you do, you might as well let me take over, and I will do them – quickly and efficiently.
- I am easily managed – you must be firm with me.
- Show me exactly how you want something done, and after a few lessons, I will do it automatically.
- I am the servant of great people, and alas, of all failures as well.
- Those who are great, I have made great.
- Those who are failures, I have made failures.
- I am not a machine though I work with the precision of a machine plus the intelligence of a person.
- You may run me for profit or run me for ruin – it makes no difference to me.
- Take me, train me, be firm with me, and I will place the world at your feet.
- Be easy with me and I will destroy you.
Who am I?
I am Habit.
Thanks to Tom Ninness, Summit Champions, Inc. This quote came from his 09.06.14 Weekly eCoaching publication. If you’d like to sign up for Tom’s content rich weekly publication – especially if you are in sales – check out http://www.summitchampions.com/.