“The size of your audience doesn’t matter. Keep up the good work.”
Well it doesn’t, and yet it does.
The size of your audience doesn’t matter if –
- You are living in private with the same integrity as you are presenting in public
- You are enjoying what you’re doing for the joy of the experience, not for the purpose of simply impressing others
- You would do what you’re doing even if there was no audience
- Your sense of value is in knowing who you really are – your true self – and that’s enough gratification for you, regardless the size of your audience
The size of your audience does matter if –
- You have a passion, a message, a talent, or a skill that can make this world a better place
- You like sharing with others
- Others indicate that what you have to offer is of value
- Having people appreciate, applaud, and admire you feels good to you
So consider these two elements:
- the intention of your heart
- the purpose of your life
Choose then the size of your audience.
If you know in your heart that you are really meant to be on a larger stage – then do not allow your anxiety, fear of shame, or false modesty to keep you from stepping on that stage. You never want to look back and say, “I wish I would have . . .”
And always, keep up the good work, regardless the size of the audience!