This week a friend posted this on Facebook. I like it a lot. It’s about wisdom passed on from a mother to a daughter. I don’t have a daughter, but if I did, I’d pass this on to her.
“1. Make your bed every day, even if it’s right before you get in it.
2. Don’t worry about holey underwear… if you’re ever in an
accident, it’s the least thing anyone cares about.
3. Travel light through life. Keep only what you need.
4. It’s okay to cry when you’re hurt. It’s also okay to smash
(some) things; but, wash your face, clean your mess, and get up off the floor
when you’re done. You don’t belong down there.
5. If you’re going to curse, be clever. If you’re going to curse
in public, know your audience.
6. Seek out the people and places that resonate with your soul.
7. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
5-second rule. It’s just dirt. There are worse things in a fast food
9. You are a woman, you do not NEED a man!!
10. Happiness is not a permanent state. Wholeness is. Don’t
confuse the two.
11. If you’re staying more than one night, unpack your bag.
12. Never walk through an alley alone.
13. Be less sugar, more spice, and only as nice as you’re able to
without compromising yourself.
14. Can’t is a cop-out. Don’t want to is another thing…your call.
15. Hold your heroes to a high standard. Be your own hero.
16. If you can’t smile with your eyes, don’t smile. Insincerity is
nothing to aspire to.
17. Never lie to yourself.
18. Your body, your rules.
19. If you have an opinion, you better know why.
20. Practice your passions.
21. Ask for what you want. The worst thing they can say is no.
22. Wish on stars and dandelions, then get to work to make them
23. Stay as sweet as you are.
24. Fall in love often. Particularly with ideas, art, music,
literature, food and far-off places.
25. Fall hard and forever in love with nothing but yourself.
27. Reserve “I’m sorry” for when you truly are.
28. Naps are for grown-ups, too.
29. Question everything, except your own intuition.
30. You have enough. You are enough.
31. You are amazing! Don’t let anyone ever make you feel you are
not. If someone does not, walk away. You deserve better.
32. No matter where you are, you can always come home.
33. Be happy and remember your roots, family is EVERYTHING.
34. Say what you mean and mean what you say.
one will ever love you more than I do.
kind; treat others how you would like them to treat you.
37. If in doubt, remember whose daughter you are, and straighten your crown.”
Original source: Thanks to Ladies Pass It On.